SITE DESIGNER INTERN
As an Intern in our Development Services division, you will have the opportunity to work on various new design projects located throughout Arizona and the Southwest. You will be exposed to the development process and work closely with our Project Manager on assignments relating to shopping center and build-to-suit development. This is an opportunity to learn about shopping center design and the commercial development business at the ground level.
- Interface with the development team to create conceptual site plans in AutoCAD.
- Attend development meetings and take notes to define site plan requirements.
- Produce colored site plans, renderings, lease outline drawings, lease exhibits, and other collateral for marketing development projects.
- Research planning websites and zoning ordinances to understand site planning guidelines.
- Assist in researching parcel ownership information, the entitlement process, and governmental fees for proposed development projects.
- Project management and organizational skills preferred.
- Ability to “drill down” and figure things out – provide solutions to problems.
- Work independently, as well as thrive in a team environment.
- Open and receptive to new technologies.
- Effective at multi-tasking in a fast-paced and professional work environment.
- Detail oriented and exemplifies excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work successfully under deadlines, interact effectively with all levels of the organization, and display a team-player attitude.
- Manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks.
- Willingness to take full ownership of responsibilities.
- Intermediate knowledge in AutoCAD LT.
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate knowledge in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Knowledge in SketchUp is a plus.
- Previous experience working in an architectural office is preferred.
- Work samples or portfolio must be submitted with application.
- Applicant shall work an established schedule, preferably two to three days per week for 5 to 8 hours per day depending on school schedule. Maximum 15 hours per week.
- Flexible hours may be required to meet client deadlines.